Sunday, August 15, 2010

I wanna go home.

But I can't.  At least for a while. 

I have many friends here.  Good friends. Best friends.  Sisters who love me and care about my life. 

But I love my family so much.  And while I like being here... I just want to go home.

I don't want school to start.  I don't want to fail Latin 201, which I will if I don't study hours and hours every day.  I don't want to go to the class and look stupid because I don't remember anything from Latin my freshmen year.

I wanna go home.

I know God is moving here.  I know this is where He wants me to be.  I know He will use it in my life and others this year.

But I'm still sad.  I still miss my family.

I know there have been blessings upon blessings when I've been where God wants me to be.  I've seen His hand in my life, and it's been good.  I know I can't let my family be an idol in my life.  I know I need to trust that God is in charge and knows what He's doing. That He will care for them far better than I could ever come close to doing. 

But I still wanna go home.

No comments: