"So the cloud of the Lord was over the tabernacle by day, and fire was in the cloud by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel during all their travels." Exodus 40:38 (NIV)
I really like this verse. Its amazing how even after the Israelites turned away from God, he still was merciful. His actions here go beyond mercy- not only did he spare their lives, but he also decided to fulfill Moses' request to stay present with the people. They turned away from him, but he never left them.
This is so reassuring in my own life. So often I turn from God. I place other things at a higher level of importance than him- my family, friends, belongings- even more so than those: myself- my comfort, my wishes, my desires.
In a sense I feel like I'm worse than the Israelites. They didn't try to ignore their idolatry. They didn't hide it like I do. Its hard to remember that I am so often putting other things on God's throne in my life.
But God was present in the journeys of the Israelites- he never left them, and in the same way he is present in my life.
Lord, help me to live my life always dedicated to you. Be my passion and purpose. Thank you for your promises and for your mercy and justice. Help me to be courageous in my faith. In everything I do, let me glorify you.
No comments:
Post a Comment