I've been attempting to write a cohesive blog post repeatedly this past week... attempting being the operative word. As you can see, none of them were appropriately completed.
Last night I layed in bed for several hours before I finally fell asleep. The same thing will probably happen tonight as well. Here are the reasons for my partial insomnia.
1. Pain and nausea. I had my wisdom teeth removed on Friday, August 7th- and have had a slow and extremely uncomfortable recovery thus far.
2. Excitement. I leave for ASU in four days, and can hardly wait! I get to see all of my dear friends again, get to move into our fabulous apartment-style dorm, and get to be a part of welcoming the freshmen to Crusade! So exciting! Plus, I am really excited for the classes I'm taking as well.
3. Nervousness. I have not even started packing for going back to ASU and have a lot to do before then.
4. Reflection. This has been the best summer of my life thus far. Really fast... summer highlights:
-Family vacation to Clearwater, FL. We saw family, spent time at the beach, and saw the mermaids at Weekiwatchi! I want to be a mermaid.
-Sarah and Amanda road-tripped to Austin to visit me! It was so much fun! I was so glad to see them and have them meet my friends here.
-Summer camp. I absolutely loved all of my girls. They are the most amazing girls I know, and it was such a joy to get to know them and spend time with them this summer. God moved at camp in the students lives, and in my life. It was a humbling and beautiful experience.
5. Family. I am going to miss my family outrageously. This summer flew by, and I feel like I barely got to spend time with my siblings.
6. Friends. Brynn and I got closer than we thought possible this summer. Its going to be so much harder to be away from her all semester again.
7. Other general thoughts... thoughts about trusting God's plan for my life, thoughts about my list of things I want in a husband, thoughts about what I want to do next summer, my shopping list of things I need to buy before going back to school, how I want to get my hair cut, etc.
We'll see how I do with getting to sleep tonight- I'm just hoping that what keeps me up is more of me thinking than pain in my jaw. Its not too bad right now so I think it will be alright.
Wow, I actually completed this one! Yay!
1 comment:
congrats. and yeah, wisdom teeth is no fun. mainly because of nausea and all the stuff you can't eat. but i'm sure you'll be fine soon enough =]
Post a Comment