Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sorry I haven't been on here much lately, life's been busy and I haven't felt like I really had much to talk about, but now its been long enough that a general update on my life will be good.

I can't wait for this semester to be over. I feel like my classes are so boring, and I'm not doing as well in them as I should be. I've been taking Research Methods for psych, Biology 100, Latin 102 and Human Event 272 (with Dr. Pickus)- only 15 credits- but two labs. I'll be so happy when I'm done with these classes!

Oh, I turned 19 ten days ago. or eleven days ago, depending on what time zone your in. My birthday was pretty good- the weekend was better. For Easter I went to my friend Sarah's house, and just hung out with her family. It was really nice to be in a home again and not eating dorm food.

I'll be heading back home myself in a few weeks- May 14th to be exact. I'm really excited to get to be home again! I can't wait to see my family, and my friends (though I'll be sad to not see my AZ friends for so long). I also am hoping to be working with my youth group as college staff- and am really excited to get to spend time with the girls who will be in my group. And I need to be making some money this summer as well... right now I'm thinking about nanny-ing. We'll see how that goes.

What else... Oh, I applied to be on leadership with Crusade next year, and am really excited to see how God will continue to use me at ASU! I feel like I've really grown a lot since I came out to ASU- like God has really been using this time to teach me so much about how he made me, in addition to pointing out my short-comings and teaching me more about himself. I am so thankful that he has, and am excited to see how he continues to move in my life.

I think that's mostly it... I'll try to be more regular with my postings. And maybe a bit more exciting too ;)

1 comment:

Amy Luisa said...

I forgot something which I think is quite exciting (though you are welcome to disagree). For my birthday, my friends Sarah and Amanda took me out to lunch, and then to Anthropologie and Francescas... and I bought a dress and a jacket from anthropologie. AND they are beautiful. AND I love them.

This is the dress, though I think its one of those that looks better on.
http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=1207254290006971556&id=933037&parentid=APP_DRESS_SOLID&pushId=APP_DRESSES&prepushId=APP_DRESS_SOLID&popId=APPAREL&sortProperties=%2BmarketingPriority%2C-saleDate&navCount=87&navAction=poppushpush&fromCategoryPage=true&selectedProductSize=&selectedProductSize1=&color=dpu&colorName=DARK+PURPLE

I can't find a link to the jacket on their website... sad day.