Wednesday, January 27, 2010

You've got mail... from a moron: 2010Spring-T-PSY324-16264

My Professor for Memory and Cognition just sent us this email.



Hello everyone, my happy PSY 324 friends,
There is no avoiding the point of this message, no prevaricating, no.. oh, I don't know... stalling. Nope. No stalling here. Not gonna work.
* Stares at shoe... *
Okay, fine. So... you know how on the first day of class, I said that my schedule on the back of the syllabus was only tentative, because I always screw up the schedule? If you look, you'll see -- it said "tentative" in big italic letters? See it? See the big italic letters?
I screwed up the schedule.
It is with my deepest apologies that I hereby announce that I, Steve Goldinger, typically master of the universe, am an idiot. On our syllabus, I had short-term memory listed as part of the first section of the class, to be on Exam 1. It is actually part of the second section... I put too many class periods on the schedule for Exam 1.
I have now posted a new syllabus, and will bring paper copies tomorrow. The main change is that Exam 1 will now be one class period earlier, and that I will probably be giving an abbreviated class on Tuesday next week. We can talk about this more tomorrow, but my idea is that people can PLEASE use this time to read the articles, and I can answer questions in class on Tuesday.
I made a few other changes, just because I drink too much.
Sorry everyone. If nothing else, you now know that I was honest on the first day!


Ugh.
-- Your Pal Steve

1 comment:

matt said...

hahahaha wow.

i especially love how he wrote in *stares at shoe* and calls himself "your pal steve." looks like you have an interesting semester ahead of you.