Sunday, December 6, 2009

I feel like such a bad blogger.

September 12th, 2009 was this blogs one year anniversary. And it took me until today to realize this.

Actually it goes back to something a friend of mine mentioned earlier today. He said he felt like I (and my friend Annalise too- she's a very avid blog reader) had really grown a lot from when he first met me as a freshy at ASU. I don't know how accurate this is- a part of it was probably just the mindset he had towards all freshmen, but I believe I have grown a lot too. Thus I decided to look back and read my very first blog post, and realized I had missed my blog anniversary.

Growth is actually something I've been thinking a lot about recently. The semester is coming quickly to a close and I've been looking back through where I've been the past four months. This semester's been a funny one for me. Things just ended up working out differently than I thought they would, it wasn't new and exciting like freshmen year, and there were times I just felt really out of wack. The last thing I felt like I was doing was changing. I wasn't putting much effort into growing or changing, and I felt rather stagnant. But looking back on who I was coming into the semester I can see that I've changed. I'm not exactly sure where each little change took place, and I didn't feel it happening, but it did.

It was a good realization.

God is always moving. His plans don't get stuck when I feel stuck. And just because I don't recognize exactly where he is moving in my life doesn't mean it isn't happening. He is changing and growing me, and the beautiful thing is that none of it is from my own ability. It all comes from his gentle guidance.

1 comment:

Annalise said...

:) I love you. This avid blog reader thinks you are a good blogger, not a bad one. And I'm so blessed to have been able to grow and change with you this semester! Praise God for what he is doing in our lives.